So once again I have failed to keep up with this blog. I have decided that I will make an effort to come here daily and post ... something ... anything ...
We have had a very busy summer. Isaac went to school three days a week, Aralyn is out of diapers (completely), Nat turned 30, I have been very active with activism, I went to my 10 year HS reunion, My baby boy turned 4, we lost our beloved Beau, Nat and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary, our house has been overrun with fleas (but they are being taken down!), and that is just to name a few....
Life seems to be passing us all by, at an extremely fast pace. I feel like I blink and another month has gone by ... the house note is due again, I have still not finished have the projects I started, the kids are growing and growing and growing. I just want to slow down. BREATH. and enjoy these days, relish in every solitary moment, take it all in.
The task at hand right now is to completely wipe out these little invaders (the fleas) and get the whole house clean clean, like every closet, shelf, and corner. Then I WILL get us all on a routine, that involves a lot of doing nothing for long periods during the day. And by nothing I mean NO computer working, NO netflix watching, NO house chores, NO phone calls, NO yelling at the kids for doing whatever it is that is annoying me at that moment. Things that can qualify as nothing.... pretend play, walking outdoors, sitting on the swing, reading a book (or two), taking a ride just for fun, building a tent, playing in the rain, picking the grass ... yeah those are the things I wish to make more time for.
Now to make this flourish into reality I must make the commitment to record the wonderfulness of nothingness here. That way I will feel guilty if I have nothing to write about. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment