Please excuse bad grammar, incomplete sentences, or just plain poor writing and the whinny attitude...I am typing with swollen red eyes, a pounding head, achy chest, and lazy fingers. why because it just feels good to whine sometimes :) So welcome to my pity party!
It always bothers me to the core that as a full time career mom you cannot call in on a sick day. It seems the stars never align to allow this. The hubby always seems to coincidentally become ill at the same time as me, but always with something worse. Because he has a full time career outside of the house and is not the full time parent he can easily just "check out". I on the other hand have no back up in place, it is MY full time responsibility and I can't just check out...because I know there is no one going to step in. At least Aralyn has, by the grace of God, slept for a few hours straight (NOT attached to my breast) the last two nights, I think I may have gotten four straight hours in...that is the most sleep uninterrupted I have had in over two years. Unfortunately it was not restful sleep, but it was sleep nonetheless so I will remain thankful for that. The early morning wake up call from the howling dog (that is just visiting) wasn't so pleasant, but wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't also woken up both kids. I decided to just have faith and snuggle back in bed while Isaac played the computer (I knew he wasn't going anywhere) and Aralyn roamed the house.... Gotta love momma intuition which still works when the rest of the body has completey shut down. I popped up out of dead sleep to a sweet little girl with poopy hands. Minutes matter in these situations so thankfully I didn't hesitate when my gut woke me up. Thankfully I purchased a box of cereal yesterday (which is supposed to only be for snack) and they had a nice marshmellowy treat for breakfast. It's been a rather okay day, not too bad (it's only 11:30am), no major messes (yet) and no major meltdowns (yet). I have spent the morning sipping down some coffee and snuggled up with my beloved rice sock. Caught an episode of the view...that was NOT a good idea...what a terrible and loud show, this is why I do NOT miss TV.
Of course as soon as I finished typing the above, the kids escaped out the front door and as I got up to chase them down I spilled my whole cup of hot coffee everywhere. of course. so no more optimistic declarations. lol.
The worst part about this "sick day" is that I have way too many things on the to do list and I really really can't afford this setback. That frustration is making my head hurt more. I keep thinking if I could just get a couple hours more of some good sleep .... but really that prob wouldn't do any good anyway. As lunch time gets closer I keep dreaming about what a real sick day would feel like. How wonderful it would be to call in my sub. To have someone come in and take care of the kids, clean up around the house, and make me some chicken soup with healing powers. So if you are anyone you know is looking for a part time job with no pay or benefits, can be on call any minute, has their own transportation, comes highly experienced in how to sing silly songs, read books over and over, the best procedure for cleaning up a poopy ( potty trained :-/ ) two year old, and has minimal experience in house cleaning and meal preparations...apply within ...position available immediately!
No comments:
Post a Comment