I recieved some great christmas stuff last year that belonged to Nat's grandmother.
One of the items was a countdown to christmas box.
There is a door for every day counting down from Dec. 1st to Christmas Eve.
Nat said he remembers his Grandmother putting a piece of candy in each box.
I decided against the candy since Isaac would find a way to eat all 24 pieces the first day.
I came up with some activities and wrote them on little cards to stick behind each door.
Isaac is so excited!
Today's card said "Write a Letter to SANTA!"
We talked about it all morning and after lunch we sat down to write his letter to Santa. I asked him what he wanted to start with, what kind of greeting. He said
We talked about it all morning and after lunch we sat down to write his letter to Santa. I asked him what he wanted to start with, what kind of greeting. He said "Hello Santa".
Then I asked him what he wanted to say to Santa, he responded with
"Happy Holidays" and then "Good Christmas".
I asked if he wanted it to read have a good christmas, he said no just good christmas. Then I asked what he wanted to ask santa for....He responded with
"I need some candy canes",
"I need a happy holiday" and "Put my presents under the tree".
He decided to close with "I love you" and "Later".
He drew some pictures on his letter. A really good scribble that circled his name, that he says was a gingerbread man, which he added three buttons, two eyes, and a mouth to. He also drew some candy canes, a christmas tree, santa in his sleigh and a reindeer on the letter. Then we sealed it up in an evelope and addressed it. Tomorrow we will walk down to the mailbox. 

Having children is such a reminder of being a child.
I can still remember the excitment that Santa Claus brought.
I am so thankful to be able to bring that excitement to my own children, to share in such simple pleasures as make believe, dreams, and anticipation.


No comments:
Post a Comment