Wednesday, July 29, 2009
The simple things
To say I am frustrated with our world today is an understatment. It saddens me so much to see what has become important to people, how success is measured, and what value we place on things that are really not that valuable. I have made the decision to start appreciating the simple things in life again, to not get caught up in this fast pace life we live and to not care which trashy girl will win on charm school this season. First things first, we will be canceling the cable on the 7th of Aug and moving the TV out of the living room. I tried to get rid of the TV all together but Nat is not there yet so it will be relocated to the bedroom....temperarily! It's a wierd thought to not have tv be at the center of our living room, even though we hardly ever have it on it seems a comfort to know it can be on. I am not sure what nat and I will fill those late night hours with after the kids are in bed....it should be interesting. Before kids (and a mortage) we did not have cable and we barely watched movies; we talked, laughed, read, and just had fun hanging out....granted we also smoked a lot of pot back then but I think we can still find a way to enjoy each other sober. I feel this is a drastic change that is neccessary to move toward a different kind of life. I am dissapointed with how fast life is passing us by and how little we seem to accomplish in a day. An average day in our house goes like this: Nat works, I clean house, take care of kids, cook supper, we eat, put kids to bed and then we watch tv till Nat passes out and I head off to bed....we wake up and do it all over again. There is the occasionally break in the mondane, I have a meetup, playdate, go shopping, something different but yet still the same. Nat occasionally gets off work and is home to work on stuff here. Not that I am complaining too much, we have a good life, we have more than the essentials and we are happy but I just feel like something is lacking. Not too sure yet what that even is. Maybe it is more time with less to do. Maybe it is a better appreciation for the earth, a better connection with it....a little hippish, I know. Maybe it is a stronger friendship within my marriage, a better relationship with my kids. could be a feeling of accomplishment and the feeling that comes when you make a difference in the world. All I do know is that we need a change and here is to a start......cheers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment